[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Guy Chapman guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 14 15:04:40 UTC 2006

> As noted earlier in this thread, that is exactly the moral I've learned.
> Wikipedia has no tolerance for works in progress.

Up to a point, Lord Copper.  You can work up an article in your sandbox or
user space, but once it goes into the main article space it really ought to
be at least a decent stub.  Lots of poeple patrol recent changes and newly
created articles looking for junk, a lot of it gets nominated for deletion,
and most of that, goes.  Some gets fixed up, some gets userfied (which is
what I do with most autobiographies nominated for speedy deletion).  But in
the end what is in the main article space *is* Wikipedia, and you don't
publish half a sentence and a "back in ten" notice in a paper encyclopaedia.
So you must concede, I think, that there is at least some right on their
side.  And after all, there's nothing stopping you from simply adding it
again.

If you need access to the deleted content there are plenty of admins who
will help you out.

Guy
[JzG]