[WikiEN-l] Repeated vandalism?

Griffin Watkins agriffinw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:25:33 UTC 2006

Hi, all-

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who is, or who has been, involved in the
success of Wikipedia.  It is undoubtedly one of the most impressive academic
and democratic endeavours to have ever developed on the Internet.  I use the
site frequently as an intellectual resource and I greatly appreciate the
efforts of all who are involved.  Wikipedia's standards of quality, ease of
use, and vast wealth of information make it the single best catch-all
reference source of which I know.

Sadly, these quality standards may have recently been misapplied, I believe,
in Paul Bauder's blocking of my abilities to edit a Wikipedia entry.  As I
have never edited informational content in an entry (though I have
occasionally corrected a few grammatical errors), I am not certain that I
could have committed "repeated acts of vandalism."  As I do not make it a
habit to edit articles frequently, being blocked is more offensive as a
matter of principle than as an accurate accusation.  I would like to have
the situation reviewed so that I may contribute to the Wikipedia project if
possible.

My info is as follows:
IP: *68.180.65.172*
Name: Griffin Watkins