[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:23:32 UTC 2006

I sympathize, but, in the end, we can only judge articles by what they
are now and what's in their history. We can hazzard a guess that an
article is going to improve rapidly into an encyclopaedic golden
apple, but the chance of that happening seems less likely when the
article is called [[cart00ney]] (with two zeros). I'm not saying that
we can't have good articles with names like this, but, on average,
this stuff isn't. If I had Savidan's watchlist, I might have done the
same.

And the moral of the story is: don't press that 'Save page' button
until your article looks like it's going somewhere good.

Alternative solution: create a 'Gone for coffee, back in 10' template.
Unfortunate side-effect of such an alternative: out of the AFD into
the TFD!

Gareth Hughes.