[WikiEN-l] [[WP:PROD]] - a lightweight deletion process

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:44:20 UTC 2006

On 2/11/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not  a bad idea. It gives people time to work on an article and doesn't get
> the immediate hit your article is being AFDed, but is there some safeguard
> in place against people removing the tag?
>
> If someone removes an AFD tag, you still have the central listing. What
> happens if they remove a prod tag? Do I have to watchlist it and hope it is
> the last edit on the article if I check it?

>From the proposal page, it seems that removing the tag is the method
for contesting deletion. The remover is advised to improve the
article, to tag it for cleanup or similar, or to send it to AfD, but
these are all suggestions.

Much of it would seem to depend on the person who first addresses the
tag, and on which of these courses of action they choose. Hopefully
people will choose wisely!

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com