[WikiEN-l] More AfD toxicity

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:05:31 UTC 2006

Actually, you should both communicate - which you have done. It's simply not
practical to contact someone for every deletion you want to do especially if
you believe it breaks the rules (which I would when you start an article
with "X is a neologism...". But really who starts isn't really important.

I think this was simply a misunderstanding on Savidan's part which wouldn't
have happened if you ran out of coffee. Just an unfortunate get together of
circumstances.

I'm still wondering why it matters if someting is tagged within 9 minutes of
its creation or after 30 minutes, 3 days, or 6 months. The point of
recentchanges patrol is to get to stuff that needs to be deleted before too
many people see it. People who want to delete something need to give a
reason why (which was probably "non-notable neologism" in this case).
Creators need to make sure they establish notability early on, preferably in
their first edit.

I think you can continue editing without running into any problems with
half-finished articles by simply tagging them. You can't overlook an
{{inuse}} tag and it's easy to apply.

It would be a shame to see someone stop contributing less than perfect
articles over one incident.

Mgm