[WikiEN-l] Arbcom has completely lost its mind

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Feb 10 00:57:08 UTC 2006

On 8 Feb 2006 at 22:49, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/8/06, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> > But you would impose US law even in a country where smoking weed is legal.
>
> Given that most of our users and most significant press coverage is
> American, yes.  That is why I drew the line there.  Yes, I know it
> isn't perfect.  But it's better than anything else I've seen.

But it's not against U.S. law to discuss, or advocate, smoking weed.
After all, "High Times" magazine is published in the United States.
Some of the government's drug warriors have wished they could ban all
advocacy of drug use as well as the drug use itself, but so far the
First Amendment has stopped them.

--
== Dan ==