[WikiEN-l] UK press: Guardian tomorrow

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:00:29 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Phil Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/9/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Exactly. I'm not really sure what my point is here, but perhaps we
> > should make a token effort to impress upon people that there *are*
> > policies, and as long as they edit in ignorance of such policies, they
> > should not claim any particular rights or presume anything in
> > particular about the project.

> Step #1 - Make the policies readable and intelligible.

We should note that Steve has been working on just that, with the
project to put a one-line description at the top of each policy or
guideline.

Now we need to hack away at the guidelines removing everything that's
aimed at the clueless or at bad-faith editors, because they're the two
groups that don't or can't read the guidelines, and writing aimed at
them is the #1 source of instruction creep.

Then we can get to work on making sense of badly-written policies ...

- d.