[WikiEN-l] Ambi's two week block of Bobblewik

bobble wik bobblewik at mail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:06:07 UTC 2006

>From: "Steve Bennett"
>I have to say I agree with Bobblewik's reasoning here

Thank you.

>However: Bobblewik is acting like a troll.

Wikipedia says "a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants." I am confused as to why you think that applies to me.

>The interesting concept of a date threshold
>(e.g. between 1600 and 1900) has been
>mentioned before but is currently totally absent."
>If, as you acknowledge, there is a general desire for older years
>to be linked, and newer ones not to be, then you should respect that.

You misunderstand what I wrote. I did not acknowledge a "general desire for older years to be linked". I merely told one editor that his/her suggestion had been made before.

Editors that agree with the MoS should be permitted to act on it. Editors that disagree with it should be encouraged to get it changed. It is bizarre to have MoS guidance that cannot be implemented because some admins disagree with it and block editors rather than obtain new MoS wording.