Fixng double redirects (was: Re: [WikiEN-l] acronym sweep needed)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:54:55 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
> How is it tedious and painful? You look at the "what links here" list,
> search the page for (redirect), and edit all of 10 pages.

This was as efficient as I could get it:

1. Click what links here.
2. Choose a double redirect.
3. Click link to open in new tab
4. Click edit
5. Right click > Mozex > Edit text area
6. Search for "cockerel" (most of them were that)
7. Replace with [[Rooster|cockerel]]
8. Save/close
9. Click edit box
10. Paste edit summary
11. Save
12. Close tab
13. Go to step 2.

Tedious. Especially when computers were designed to do this sort of
thing for us, not the other way around. Some people thrive on this
sort of menial task - not me.

And I suspect a lot of users would be doing this without mozex, would
retype the edit summary each time, and wouldn't think of opening the
links in new tabs each time. Even more painful!

Stev