[WikiEN-l] Arbcom has completely lost its mind

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:19:25 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Jay Converse <supermo0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what I'm worried about, and the precedent I was mentioning.  All of
> a sudden, userpages now need to be politically correct, or you risk a
> block.  That is, if this precedent does get set.

You don't have a userpage in order to exercise any "right" to free
speech, but because it helps the project; it aids communication and
makes people happy.  You never did have the right to say anything you
pleased there; disruptiveness has always been unacceptable.

There's nothing particularly new about that proposed finding.

-Matt