[WikiEN-l] And now, for something completely different

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Feb 8 13:14:59 UTC 2006

On 8 Feb 2006, at 12:29, David Gerard wrote:

> Carnildo wrote:
>
>> Not surprisingly, the average coverage of subjects is fairly
>> poor.  64% of
>> articles were rated "low" or "stub", indicating they did not have
>> even a
>> basic chronology of the subject's life, and 29% were rated "medium",
>> indicating a basic chronology but nothing more.  6% were rated
>> "good", with
>> a relatively complete chronology, and one article was approaching
>> "featured"
>> quality.  While doing the survey, one of the biographies was
>> deleted for
>> lack of notability, one as being unverifiable, and two were listed as
>> copyvios.
>

> Unfortunately, I've found that a lot of people don't get a good bio in
> Wikipedia until they die and there are nicely-researched obituaries to
> use as sources.

I think that is partly because there are very few online biographies,
and
many books about cultural things mention little about personal life (I
really need a good book with biographical details of architects but have
yet to find one).

Anyone fancy filling in some more on [[Bob Switzer]] the inventor of
Day-Glo that I just created...

Justinc