[WikiEN-l] Comparison with other wikis

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 8 10:20:48 UTC 2006

> From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
> [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of John Lee

> One problem, Geoff: Jimbo *is* our GodKing. At least, that's
> what most of us refer to him as. I agree with everything
> else, you said, though. :p

Wikipedia is just a website. How much of this talk of GodKings and contracts
would hold up under the gaze of the law is debatable.

However, we all have our own way of regarding Wikipedia, and it sems that
most of us are more or less congruent in our views. Jimbo is the benevolent
dictator of a growing online community where we happily labour away and
discuss points of behaviour that must sound delightfully arcane to outside
observers.

Peter (Skyring)