[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Feb 8 09:47:23 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:

>And
>I don't recall him *ever* flaming people on this mailing list; but that
>hasn't stopped people from attacking *him*, and to be honest, he
>deserves better.

If you'd like to be reminded, here's an exchange I had in mind, from
December 16, 2005:

1. Jimbo says that he thinks anyone who saw the Seigenthaler article
should've seen that the mistakes were "blatantly obvious" and
"transparently outlandish".

2. Anthony DiPierro replies that they were not obvious to him.

3. Jimbo replies: "Anthony, I'm not normally one to state harsh
opinions.  But frankly, if you don't find those errors to be blindingly
obvious, you need to find another hobby.  Writing an encyclopedia is
quite frankly beyond you."

Note that several other of us had also expressed agreement with
Anthony's point in #2, so Jimbo explicitly and publicly flamed a handful
of dedicated and long-time Wikipedia contributors.

-Mark