[WikiEN-l] Re: No more blocking people for who they *are*?

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 7 23:09:49 UTC 2006

Ryan W. (Merovingian) wrote:
> Although I think you're right, I don't think any admins blocked people just
> for believing certain things.  Those who were blocked were acting in a way
> that justified their I-hate-to-call-it-punishment.

I think you might be wrong about that.

Carbonite: "The userbox Template:User pedophile (edit · talk · links ·
history · watch) is a great way of identifying those users who consider
themselves to be pedophiles. I plan on indefinitely blocking any user
who includes this template. I've already blocked the only user to
include this template, Joeyramoney (talk • contribs • page moves • block
user • block log). Wikipedia has no obligation to permit deviants to edit."

Jimbo Wales: "They said that pedophiles should be banned from editing
Wikipedia. That's a very respectable position."