[WikiEN-l] Most immature war ever? Are we embarrassed yet?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:30:55 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Like it or not, these rules don't apply to Jimbo. Did you forget that Jimbo
> retains the power to ban anyone from Wikipedia, and that there is no appeal
> or discussion if he chooses to do so? Everyone who edits is here because he
> and the board permit them to. And anyone who reverts his block of a user is
> wheel warring. By definition, Jimbo cannot participate in a wheel war
> because anyone who undoes his block is wrong.

For what it's worth, I think the reason that Jimbo can't get into a
wheel war is because he is a bigger wheel than anyone else. As was
demonstrated - they can attempt to block him, but he just desysops
them and hence wins. Rendering any attempted wheel war totally
pointless.

Presumably if there were other people with desysopping powers (I
imagine there are), then he could wheel war with *them*, but there are
probably yet more means at his disposal...

> Personally, I like it, because I think there has to be /someone/ who can
> step into shit heaps like this and just flush the whole thing down the
> toilet where it belongs; and that's exactly what he did.

Personally, I like it too. I'm pleasantly surprised that he's actually
willing to soil his shoes in this way.

(that's a vote of support for Jimbo here :))

Steve