[WikiEN-l] Most immature war ever? Are we embarrassed yet?

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:35:05 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Sam Fentress (Asbestos) <asbestos999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me get this straight:
>

>   1. A few editors suggest we should start blocking people on sight for
>   their sexual orientation
>   2. One editor blocks a newbie who claimed to be a pedophile, alongside
>   claims to being a mutant, a potential believer of the flying spaghetti
>   monster, approved of by mr rubber ducky, and needing more cowbells
>   3. This user was unblocked
>   4. Jimbo re-blocks the user for voting Keep on a TfD (for a week!),
>   thus starting a wheel war
>   5. Chaos ensues
>   6. Jimbo re-blocks and de-syspos a half-dozen editors for continuing
>   the above wheel war.
>
> Am I right to be embarrassed for Wikipedia? Have I missed something or did a
> bunch of clowns start running the place?
>
> Do correct me if I've made a mistake.
>
> Sam

Slightly more complicated than that:

2a. Blocking admin announces said fact on AN.
2b. General argument over blocks ensues.
2c. Another admin blocks some people for expressing support for the
original block.
2d. Said people are unblocked.
2e. One of them blocks the admin mentioned in (2c).

And so forth.  Jimbo arrived pretty late in the game, actually.

Kirill Lokshin