[WikiEN-l] User conduct RFC straw poll

Joshua Griisser JDGRII8338 at NGCSU.EDU
Tue Feb 7 04:46:43 UTC 2006

Ever since the Kelly Martin fiasco, I've had serious misgivings about the wisdom of User Conduct RFCs as a method of dealing with disputes. I'm not alone in this: many scathing comments about the RFC process were posted at the [[Wikipedia:Admin accountability poll]]. Generally, there seems to be a feeling that RFCs are merely fora for the venting of grievances, that the lack of any consequences makes people fail to take the process seriously, and that RFC is often viewed as simply a preliminary step to an arbitration case. I've decided to see if this can be reformed. After an aborted attempt to nominate [[WP:RFC/USER]] for MFD (consensus: bad idea), I've created a straw poll. See [[Wikipedia:User RFC reform]]. Any comments are appreciated.

-C. horridus