[WikiEN-l] use of "vandalism" as a political weapon

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 6 13:06:34 UTC 2006

 <daleyl at peak.org> wrote

> to block a person for merely changing "activist" to "lethal activist" is
> absurd and shows political bias.  I suggest that the two editors who did
> this be demoted or chastized....

Everyone has to be extremely careful in adding material to
politically-sensitive articles.  Simply tagging on epithets to people is
often unhelpful.  We are here to document things, not to come to conclusions
for readers who can perfectly well do that themselves.  Cf. not calling
Adolf Hitler a "murderous dictator".

Charles