[WikiEN-l] Unitary Administrator

Chris Backert cbackert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:13:40 UTC 2006

I would like to request your assistance in a dispute involving myself
([[user:68.50.103.212
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:68.50.103.212> ]]), user
[[User:Kim Bruning <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kim_Bruning> ]] and
administrator [[User:Demi <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Demi> ]].

Context:

This concerns the article [[Wikipedia:Requests
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/United_States_C
ongress>  for comment/United States Congress]], within the subsection "The
established conduct methods have not been used." This section erroneously
states "Both the Senate and the House have established ethics bodies which,
so far as I can see, have not yet been used in an attempt to resolve this
matter." (only members of the respective body can refer matters to the
ethics committee)

Background:

I possibly erroneously removed this
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress&diff=37784818&oldid=37784402>
&diff=37784818&oldid=37784402]. [[User:Kim Bruning
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kim_Bruning> ]] reverted my changes
reminding me not to delete comments from an
RFC[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment
/United_States_Congress
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress&diff=37788703&oldid=37787526>
&diff=37788703&oldid=37787526]. I then corrected myself moving the erroneous
text to the discussion page
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress&diff=37797772&oldid=37793404>
&diff=37797772&oldid=37793404], explaining "Comments are misguided and
statements are blatantly false, moved to talk." [[User:Kim
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kim_Bruning>  Bruning]] immediately
reverted my changes, ignoring my comment and saying "RV political vandalism.
Please watch,
block"[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comm
ent/United_States_Congress
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress&diff=37827895&oldid=37813686>
&diff=37827895&oldid=37813686] I later reminded Kim that this was not
vandalism and again moved the erroneous material to the discussion page
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Un
ited_States_Congress&diff=37898657&oldid=37855853>
&diff=37898657&oldid=37855853], and explained "These comments are in the
talk area and contain factually incorrect accusations. please do not revert
again (3RR)."

Blocked:

Administrator [[User:Demi <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Demi> ]] then
unilaterally intervened and blocked me for 12 hours with the brief
explanation of "Repeatedly removing valid comments from RFC." I believed
this was an abuse of administrative privileges. I do not see how was in
violation of <b>any</b> Wikipedia policy. The Wikipedia article for blocking
policy under the category "Excessive
Reverts"[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Blocking_policy#Excessive_re
verts
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Blocking_policy%23Excessive_reverts>
], links to the Three-Revert Rule. ("The policy states that an editor must
not perform more than three reversions, in whole or in part, on a single
Wikipedia article within a 24 hour period.") which as you can see I am not
in violation of.