[WikiEN-l] Worst. Userbox. Ever.

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 00:19:45 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Perhaps the divisive userboxes could die, but (at least) the language boxes are
> effective and useful for their purpose in a way that users adding themselves to
> lists in obscure parts of the Wikipedia would not be. (Also, many people find
> the use of templates to be very useful within userspace.)

Oh I do agree.  Just trying to "think out of the box".

Actually my research results (the only research on this that I'm aware
of) suggest that there isn't a lot of this going on.  Of 230 editors,
chosen because their userpages were on my watchlist, who were still
active over the past two months, when I checked their userpages only
22 had political, polemical or religious userboxes. This comprises A
through E on my watchlist, and a random selection of active editors
from the rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tony_Sidaway/Jimbo%27s_request#A