[WikiEN-l] Changing fair use tags

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:30:36 UTC 2006

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. You seem to be saying that
1. there are instances of images with this template on them which are
mistagged and that 2. people might think the tags are correct when
they might not be. I'm not sure how this is different than any other
image tag, whether they have been changed or not.

A lot of fair use tags were changed around then to make their
definitions tighter, easier to understand, etc. I don't think that was
a bad thing, and it makes it easier to spot when they have been
misapplied.

Perhaps it would please you if "is known" is changed to something more
ambiguous? Is asserted by the person placing this tag?

Perhaps we should put a little disclaimer on all tagging templates
that they may in fact be incorrectly applied?

FF