[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:25:28 UTC 2006

> > Finally, it has been asked whether we're actually making Wikipedia
> better;
> > I'd like to ask the contrapositive: Is alienating a dedicated corps of
> > recent changes patrollers what you were looking for? Were you trying to
> make
> > us feel unappreciated? Will Wikipedia be a better place if we decide to
> stop
> > doing RC patrol?
>
> Quite possibly.

I'd love to know what you mean by this.  Are you implying that the CVU's RC
patrollers are somehow inferior to other ones?  Is there something
inherently wrong that corrupts every CVU member that makes them unfit for
any job relating to vandals or administrative duties?

This statement may be completely false, but I kind of feel like some of the
people bitching and moaning about the CVU haven't done a bit of
vandalfighting in months, and somehow feel that because we're doing a job
that they aren't, that we're a threat to their supremacy at... whatever.
I'm not sure where I'm going with that, I just feel like the CVU is getting
blasted not by other RC patrollers, or by users who've been slighted by them
(of which I know none of), but by people who have nothing to do with the
area of Wikipedia that the CVU deals with.

--
Jay Converse
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.