[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:43:48 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

> So what do you suggest we call it when someone blanks the featured
> article and overwrites it with "COCK COCK COCK COCK COCK FUCK ASS
> COCK GAY LOLWTFBBQ"?

That could probably go under less-than-productive edits (it's a
stretch, though).

What is rather worse is the truly malicious users.  Can anyone really
claim that inserting child abuse allegations into [[Wikipedia]] is
merely a "less helpful" edit?

I think it is not too unreasonable to suppose that Wikipedia has made
enemies, and will continue to make enemies; nor to allow that these
people may be disruptive in ways more significant than the average
page-blanker.

Kirill Lokshin