[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:22:42 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Semi-protection" is also something that bothers me no end. As does
> the concept of needing to "semi-protect" talk pages.

On this subject, see my recent edit on talk:George W. Bush.

Although vandalism has been slashed by semi-protection on that
article, non-vandalism edits also seem to be down by about 60%.  Does
that mean that semi-protection is wrong for George W. Bush?  I think
the jury is still out, but it appears that there is considerable
collateral damage associated with semi-protection.