[OT] Jimbo Wales' edit count (was: Re: [WikiEN-l] Here's an interesting one)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:13:01 UTC 2006

>1890 edits at a very low edit rate. Little evidence of vandle fighting and has
>failed to create any featured articles. The distibution of edits is
pretty good although
>a little low on article space. Would probably get through RFA but
would not be completely clear cut.

In another 30 edits, that could be describing me :)

Seriously though:

Username	Jimbo Wales
Total edits	1890
Image uploads	9 (7 cur, 2 old)
Distinct pages edited	727
Edits/page (avg)	2.60

First edit	2001-03-27 20:47:31

Articles	417
Talk	211
User	128
User talk	809
Project	198
Project talk	62

1 in 4 edits actually in the article space, and  twice as many on user
pages? Not to mention 128 edits to his own user page? I'm not sure
what measure you use to judge "pretty good" edit distribution - the
guy is clearly not here to create an encyclopaedia :)

Steve (who has 18 times more edits in the template namespace, so must
be 18 times cooler...)