[WikiEN-l] Slight adjustment for PROD

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 29 20:09:58 UTC 2006

"Ryan Wetherell" wrote

>  Just objecting to the PROD is too easy an
> excuse to remove it.  It's not hard at all to give a sentence about
> why you think an article is important.

My story about PROD: User:Arthur Rubin stuck one on [[Hillel Furstenberg]] shortly after I made it. With some nonsense about 'no assertion of notability' and then some other nonsense about not meeting [[WP:PROF]]. As far as I can see, Furstenberg meets each of the six criteria in section 1 of WP:PROF. So my reason for objecting to a PROD on an article about someone who is a member of both the US and Israeli Academies of Sciences is that the thing was ludicrous. Please bear in mind the number of people with time on their hands.

Charles