[WikiEN-l] How do "deletionists" find articles to delete?

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Fri Dec 29 03:16:06 UTC 2006

Ron Ritzman wrote:
> I understand that new articles get close scrutiny but just how do
> deletable articles that have been around for a while come to the
> attention to those who regularly nominate articles for deletion?

I don't know if I qualify for "regularly", or for "deletionist", but I
did recently nominate [[Forss Fagerström]], which had been around since
April.  How did I find it?  Well, someone copied it over to the Finnish
Wikipedia, someone else there noticed it and nominated it for deletion,
and a user (one of the few) opposing its deletion there commented that
it shouldn't be deleted since the topic already exists on the English
Wikipedia.

Yes, nominating the English article for deletion at that point is
definitely a Nasty Deletionist Trick(TM).  Then again, the article is
utterly unencyclopedic, even if it _is_ actually fairly well written.

--
Ilmari Karonen