[WikiEN-l] How do "deletionists" find articles to delete?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 02:35:27 UTC 2006

On 28/12/06, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that new articles get close scrutiny but just how do
> deletable articles that have been around for a while come to the
> attention to those who regularly nominate articles for deletion?
> (especially if the article is otherwise well written)

A general way for a new article to come to the attention of those
working "in the field" is that a new article tends to mean various
links need set up, so the related articles get edited and it becomes
obvious that way. Or they may notice a redlink has turned blue; same
idea.

(Interestingly, many of the articles we want *least* - very
intentionally promotional ones - are the easiest to find this way, as
people sometimes go a step too far and try to work in references to it
from thousands of pages...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk