[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

Gurch matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 26 22:14:28 UTC 2006

Thomas Dalton wrote:

> I agree, A7 is often misused. I think cases of articles that assert an
> obviously invalid reason for notability should go through PROD. Your
> idea would be more complicated for no good reason.

Though I probably go beyond the boundaries of CSD A7 in cases where,
really, I think it merits it, I do try to take the criterion literally
as far as possible, and PROD things that contain an assertion of
notability even if it isn't an acceptable one.

Having the article sit there doing nothing for five days isn't too bad.
Sometimes, though, the prod tag gets removed, at which point I have to
make a procedural listing at AfD and reset the five-day countdown to
when the article can go, which does make me wonder if it's really worth
it. On the other hand, quite a few get speedied by another administrator
shortly after I've PRODded them -- in which case I've wasted time and
may as well just have disposed of it myself. So perhaps for that reason
alone we should either change A7 or agree to stick to it; I don't know.

-Gurch