[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

David Mestel david.mestel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 20:40:18 UTC 2006

It seems to me that CSD A7 (the no assertion of notability one) is
grossly overused by many people, including me.  Most editors simply
use it as though it read "blatantly non-notable", and while this is
probably a good thing (it prevents a vast waste of time at AfD), it
seems somewhat dishonest.  Would it not be better, therefore, either
to alter it so that it did read like that, or to add another criterion
for people to use instead?  I would suggest that a possibly way of
determining "gross non-notability" would be to say that if the creator
is unable to pursuade, say, four or five editors in good standing
(>50-100 edits, no blocks in the last week or so) to vouch for the
article, it can be speedied.  The only real disadvantage I see in this
is that it could create a somewhat cliqueish appearance to new users.

What do people think?

--
David