[WikiEN-l] Main Page Featured Article

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 14:47:49 UTC 2006

On 12/23/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've done pretty much all of them other than messing with monobook.js
> > and monobook.css
>
> Yep. Know anyone who has used all of them?

I haven't edited [[MediaWiki:Monobook.css]] or
[[MediaWiki:Common.css]], etc, although I have edited other MediaWiki
pages in addition to doing everything else in that list. I've also
undeleted pages, unblocked users, and used [[Special:Unwatchedpages]].
I can't remember if I've ever moved a move-protected page, although
I'm fairly certain I haven't hidden the contributions of any vandals
from [[Special:Recentchanges]].

Over the course of time a reasonable active admin will use all of the
buttons at some point or another. How big a deal each of them are
varies. The original admin work, the janitorial stuff, really is no
big deal and never has been.

However as WP has scaled, a greater amount (though not, IMHO, a
greater proportion) of work can be a big deal. Certain types of
deleted content, blocks in certain circumstances and so forth.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com