[WikiEN-l] POV on Israel

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 11:32:18 UTC 2006

On 23/12/06, Argis Rohat <argis.rohat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, let's try this again:
>

> This is the entire passage under the heading "Israel" in the article
> "Allegations of apartheid"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_apartheid
>
> Does any objective person consider it to be NPOV?
>
> ISRAEL
> "The phrase "Israeli apartheid" (or the terming of Israel an
> "apartheid state") is a controversial phrase used by some critics of
> Israel, who compare Israel's treatment of Palestinians with the
> treatment of blacks in apartheid-era South Africa. The majority of
> academics and journalists who have commented on the term are reported
> to deplore its use
> on the grounds that it is historically inaccurate, antisemitic,
> propaganda, and a political epithet used to justify terrorist attacks
> against Israel.

We have many articles detailing contentious labels applied by some
people from a particular POV. To describe these labels
encyclopaedically, to report them, as we do, is not showing POV
ourselves.

Take a look at [[List of ethnic slurs]]: the reporting of these terms
does not necessitate an institutional belief in any one of them.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)