[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd)

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Fri Dec 22 14:24:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, zero 0000 wrote:
> I think these negative assertions are indistinguishable too:
> 1. "Franky's biography of Joe Blow doesn't say when he died
>     [Franky: Joe Blow, A worthless life]"
> 2. "Library of Congress doesn't have the 1923 edition.
>     [LofC catalogue]"

Be careful with this argument, because someone could say the Library of
Congress catalog is a self-published, non-peer-reviewed, source.  (On the
other hand, it's maintained by librarians who would get fired if they kept
making mistakes, so in that sense it's not self-published, and it makes a
non-contentious claim about the subject, so it should be allowed anyway.)