[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd) (Ray Saintonge)

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Dec 22 11:41:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 05:52:45 -0500, "Daniel P. B. Smith"
<wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com> wrote:

> Or even "the book was not found
>in an online search of the Cornell University Library Catalog." If
>the citation gives the details of the search, that gives the
>opportunity for someone else to check and point out that the search
>succeeds if you spell the title differently. Not at all impossible.

Another issue: a particular promoter of a particular POV cites a book
in support of his argument.  It is not a widely-circulated book.
Others are unable to find the book, or, having found the book, unable
to find the specific text supposedly quoted.  At some point we have to
apply the "yeah, right" rule and remove it.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG