[WikiEN-l] Main Page Featured Article

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 03:58:25 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Chris Picone <ccool2ax at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...except admin. Why can't trusted users handle admin? It's not like
> admin is a big deal, so we should hand it out more liberally.

Adminship lets you do lots of very different things, including
protecting/unprotecting, accessing deleted revisions of pages,
deleting pages, blocking users, rollback, modifying protected
articles, templates, and stylesheets and more. This range of powers is
so diverse that it's hard to even imagine one person actually needing
them all. And that can be a problem: we have users who would make
great vandal fighters, but would you really want them with
write-access to the front page, or read-access to sensitive deleted
revisions?

Steve