[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Andrey yaroslavl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:12:10 UTC 2006

I find this complaint ill-advised. This is an English-language project;
English language uses Latin script; ergo, non-Latin usernames are not
acceptable. Naturally, I want to know the usernames of people I speak to,
but I would not know how to refer to an editor who spells his name in
Japanese or Armenian, since I can't read either Japanese or Armenian. There
is nothing ethnocentric about that. Best, Andrey