[WikiEN-l] "Assume good faith" is no longer policy.

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 05:42:25 UTC 2006

On 12/17/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's become a guideline. Ho hum.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Assume_good_faith
>
> So much for policy changes being discussed widely prior to implimentation...

It was called a guideline for a year before someone called it policy a
few months ago. I haven't seen much difference in its treatment.

I would be more concerned if I thought it made any practical
difference what sort of template got stuck on top of it; it's not as
though it were an easily enforceable bright-line rule to begin with.
It is simply necessary to avoid killing each other, sometimes, and so
people tend to regard it as a Good Idea and try to hold others to it
no matter what designation gets slapped atop it.

(As a side note, there is discussion about its status on the talk page.)

-Kat

--
Wikimedia needs you: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising