[WikiEN-l] Office actions

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Dec 17 13:19:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 00:01:17 -0800, A <jokestress at gmail.com> wrote:

>In the case of [[Pacific Western University]], the article is only editable
>by admins. Several good non-admin editors have developed serviceable scratch
>articles in the last four months. I suppose there's a question whether these
>scratch articles should even be on Wikipedia if the actual article is in
>lockdown.

Having seen at least one of the serviceable scratch articles, I
disagree that they were necessarily serviceable :-)  That said, I
don't see a problem with having them as long as they are flagged as
not being part of the encyclopaedia, and can be edited by anyone (so
if the complaining party dislikes a particular statement they can cut
it out).  Take it in small pieces, I'd say.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG