[WikiEN-l] Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:57:25 UTC 2006

> Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> > Parker Peters wrote:
> >> I've asked Jimbo to step in and stop you and David Gerard from trying
> >> flame me.
> >>

> > Well, now that that's sorted out, could we please get the same coherent
> > evidence that you presented to Jimbo?
>
> It was a complex situation.  Parker tends to present it with a lot of
> moral conclusions that I think overstep the evidence to a degree.

The point is, there was a bit of an edit war in which both sides were
> not behaving in a particularly shining Wikipedia way.  There were
> misleading edit summaries.  (Parker views this as deliberate lying, I
> see it as carelessness in the heat of a stupid fight.)

One person got indef banned.  The other did not.

Actually, one got blocked for five days, but piled on and run through the
mud first, while the other edit warrior was being held blameless.

One is an admin, the other is not.

Actually, as far as I'm aware Itaqallah isn't an admin, but Tariqabjotu (the
blocking admin) has strong ties to him, including being an "ex" member of
the same Guild.

And, as is usual for this kind of situation, there are many many many
> complexities.

Which makes the possible conflicts of interest going on even more
unsettling.

  The person who was banned, should have been banned long
> before, if you ask me.

And I stated, for the record, that it's my view that the edit warring on
that page merits some disciplinary action towards most of the other editors
on it, and that the lack of this while RunedChozo is being attacked as if he
were the Antichrist is a problem.

Opinions may vary.

And indeed they do.

Parker