[WikiEN-l] Categories (was: Hello)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 13 14:21:04 UTC 2006

Steve,

It is clear to me from all of the dialogue, that the issue of Categories and
their use in Wikipedia is not only controversial, but also pretty much
unresolved and unfocused. And, what could be a powerful tool within
Wikipedia has evolved into an unfocused mess. I believe it is going to take
a small group of focused, objective persons, taking an equally focused,
objective look at it, and formulate a set of firm guidelines for its use ­
starting with, of course, its very purpose.

I would like to take the discussion back to my original question: May I
include both a main category and a subcategory in the same article? I would
like to accomplish this without creating an edit war with another editor who
thinks it¹s wrong.

Marc