[WikiEN-l] Admins who pretend to quit (was Re: MONGO and the ArbComm)

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 12 21:09:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:57:40 -0500, "M Roget" <mroget at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Can we have a rule that states that any admin who "quits" Wikipedia to
>protest this or that is automatically desysopped?

Why?  "Bah! Sod this, I'm off!" can mean it (in which case there is no
urgency) or it can be a precursor to a Wikibreak to restore sanity.
Let each case be judged on its merits, in accordance with the
Clue-based principles on which the whole edifice is after all founded.

Mind you, if we auto-moderated all "I'm leaving" posts from this list,
life would probably be more pleasant :-)

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG