[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" images of living people

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 12 17:29:13 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

> What if instead of the photos we have there now, we had a template
> {{fair use wanted}}.

Sounds brilliant.  Jimmy, any chance you could talk this issue up in any
press you do or the foundation release, or would this draw attention to
our fair use images and lead to possible legal problems? Also, Jimmy, do
you have any thoughts on the legality of using caricatures in articles?
  Some people have concerns they may constitute defamation.