[WikiEN-l] Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:42:00 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:35:06 -0600, "Michael Smith"
> <runedchozo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Nobody has yet even bothered to deal with this. Instead, Itaqallah got an
> >admin friend of his to lock the article page, got another member of his
> >Muslim Guild to block me, and then I come in today and ANOTHER of his
> lying
> >friends has falsely accused me of sockpuppeting while I was gone and
> they've
> >jacked the illegal block all the way to five days now.
>
> Ah, so they *have* dealt with this.  Good.
>
> Just for future reference, hysterical accusations of "rouge admin
> abuse" are pretty much bound to be discounted.  Next time try posting
> something much less strident.
>
> Guy (JzG)

Guy,

I think you are out of line with this. I've reviewed the complaint, and the
edit summaries this complainant refers to are indeed both completely false.

As for "dealing with" a situation where someone complains about behavior
that is so blatant it is well beyond the bounds of AGF, by banning the
complainant for five days? Especially when the one who's doing the banning
just "happens" to be a member of the same "Muslim Guild" as the one being
complained about? I see not only a conflict of interest, but some serious
problems with all those who've piled on attacking this editor.

Your attitude is the same dismissive bullshit that caused me to leave
Wikipedia, and had me pretty much ignoring even this mailing list for a
couple months until I've come back just to check in with Jimbo, who has
steadfastly been Not Bothering to investigate the specific instances he
previously promised to investigate. :(

Parker