[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue Dec 12 12:08:01 UTC 2006

Puppy wrote:

> Is desysopping the answer? Is it appropriate to desysop, generally
> reserved for abuses of /admin/ functions,  for incivility, which is an
> /editor/ action, and usually is addressed with either a caution or
> probation?

If it were one singular time, with one singular person?  No, it wouldn't
be the answer.  If it was a series of abuses  stemming back over six
months, even if you eliminate the ED bullshit?  Absolutely.

He effectively got his probation with the "No action is taken for the
excessive zeal" thing.  How many more probations does he need?  If
regular users can't get some sort of recourse through the proper
channels, what the hell else is supposed to go on?

> Guy suggests a month long enforced break, which seems reasonable to me.

Truly, that suggestion (not enforced) should have come after the ED
thing, so he could step back a little bit and perhaps not continue to
act out and assume everyone who disagrees with him is either a) a troll,
b) harassing him, or c) supporting those who troll or harass him.  Have
you read the evidence in the case at all?

-Jeff