[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

NSLE (Wikipedia) nsle.wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:04:58 UTC 2006

I'm not asking them to reveal their name, am I? Just their Wiki handle. It
may just be me (although I suspect many, many more people do too), but
anyone under a name "Concerned Wikipedian" doesn't earn any points in my
book. Especially relevant, given we're talking about privacy (I wouldn't put
it past WikiReview idiots to be using such handles).

On-topic, though, I see no reason not to go through with it. I cannot
believe people are using the mailing list to appeal to Jimbo to lighten a
sentence on an admin - being handled by the ARBCOM - for something which is
obviously de-sysop-able for. Others haven't gotten that consideration, so
why start now? The ArbCom are technically independent from Jimbo, and I
don't see why he should intervene.