[WikiEN-l] new Google Earth tie-in (!!)

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 12 04:26:39 UTC 2006

Greg Maxwell wrote:
> In the meantime, we should do some work making our georeferencing more
> consistent.

Absolutely.

> You can see my post on the subject at:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Geographical_coordinates#Machine_readability_of_Wikipedia.27s_geocoding

Thanks.  I had some posts on this same issue a while ago; I'll
try to figure out where they were.

Google aside, this stuff needs cleaning up.  For example, it's
not at all uncommon to have a {{coor title d}} saying one thing
at the top of the page, and another {{coor dms}} in-line in the
article text, with slightly (or significantly) different
coordinates.

If we can figure out a better scheme, I'm definitely up for some
creative bot work to implement the migration.