[WikiEN-l] Anne Milton (was Re: Attack blogs in WP:LIVING articles)

david at election.demon.co.uk david at election.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 10:44:17 UTC 2006

Alphax writes:

>Hello! Politician discussing what gory details should be in the article
>about another politician! Conflict of interest, anyone?

Now that really does annoy me. Whatever happened to "This user is a
Wikipedian and seeks to eschew other ideologies while building an
encyclopedia"? I don't suppose the three featured articles I wrote about
politicians, which have never been impugned for their neutrality,
occurred to you?

If it is held that no-one who is actively involved in politics should be
contributing to articles about other people actively involved in politics,
then that would would really be the end of my contribution and of many
others, of the whole basis of WP:AGF, and of the founding principle of
Wikipedia that everyone is welcome to come in and leave their own biases
at the door.

I would reconsider that statement, if I were you.