[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:13:16 UTC 2006

> On 06/12/06, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I do think there is significant systemic bias in terms of what things
> > tend to be nominated for deletion, however.  Not the biggest source of
> > systemic bias by any means, as you point out.
>

> I suspect it's often systematic bias, i.e. a deep conviction that
> certain areas of coverage should be killed and anyone disagreeing must
> be clueless or a troll.

*However*, it's worth noting that whilst this is a form of systemic
bias, it's not usually related to the major fields where we actually
worry about our systemic bias.

(By which I mean: we worry about systemic bias over non-western
regions and cultures, over gender issues, etc... but our "deletion
systemic bias" is about schools and Western pop-culture cruft)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk