[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 7 11:07:31 UTC 2006

 "Matthew Brown" wrote

> Thus, topics not known by your typical Wikipedian
> are more likely to be nominated for deletion.  Most of these will be
> saved, but the aggravation of deletion debates is an offputting
> factor.

Yes, there is probably some deterrent factor. I think one can cope with it reasonably well, by cosmetic methods (tart the article up so that it doesn't look scruffy), and by doing a few more minutes on sourcing. Camouflage in a sense, but nothing artificial or that is an actual waste of time.

Charles