[WikiEN-l] Profoundly bad idea.

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 6 16:41:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:28:24 +0000, <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>The question is more like: are the quality initiatives proposed fit for purpose?

Yes.  Exactly that.  And it's a good subject for debate - we do seem
to be rather making it up as we go along, and working from the back
end forwards at that.

Having said which, if a group of people with time on their hands want
to take it upon themselves to rid Wikipedia of the mass of personal
essays masquerading as pop culture articles, more power to their
elbows, but I don't see it as anything like as high a priority as
ensuring that *every* biography is impeccably sourced, and as many
spam articles neutralised or deleted as I can manage in a day.  Which
is just my personal hot buttons.  Vive la difference, and all that.

I think we can all agree on the living persons issue, though.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG